Hello collaboration post. this weeks prompt: Football and how you get game day ready.
With fall comes football. I have a confession i’d like to make to my fellow collaborators..
Football is kind of Meh to me. LOL. I know, I’m sorry! First comes the SF giants, then comes Golden State Warriors, and then i’m a 9er by default.(I miss Alex Smith, and please don’t talk to me about Colin Kaepernick. ugh.) Although most times i find football kinda boring, unless i witness an amazing play, I do like how football games brings my family and friends together. I also like the fact that if i have a game playing in the background, drinking in the middle of the day and eating horrible food will not be frowned upon.Two major thumbs up to that. I do however enjoy watching the highlights afterwards, and the niner nation? They aint lyin’ when they say theyre #foreverfaithful. I’ll watch enough football to keep up with conversations with my friends and family and thats good enough for me.
So how do i prepare for a day of watching football with family and friends?
Rock Your Colors
We’ve got spirit, yes we do. We’ve got spirit, how about you? LOL
When me and my girls get together. WE COOK. No foreal, i dont think ya’ll understand. We get down in the kitchen. But thats for another post, i just wanted to brag a little bit. LOL My bestie makes some pretty bomb potato skins whenever we watch a game together and was nice enough to let me use her picture and her recipe for posting purposes. LOL Follow her on IG: @thehungrybeans
umm. cute right? They’re little potato footballs.
Loaded Potato Skins
- 6 small to medium sized potatoes. Cleaned/rinse
- 8 oz of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Sour cream, for topping (Youre gonna have need a ziplock bag to make your football stitching.hehe)
- green onion, chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Poke potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove taters and cool for 15 min.
- Once your potatoes are cooled, use a knife and cut each lengthwise in half.
- Once your potatoes are all cut, use a small spoon to hollow out about 80% of the potatoes making sure you still have enough potato on the skin so they arent flimsy.
- Turn your oven on to a high broil. Brush the potatoes with butter on the inside and outside and place them back onto the baking sheet. Broil for 7-8 minutes until the insides get a bit crispy. Remove from the oven and add a hefty amount of your toppings. Place back under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Pull out the skins. Put your sour cream in a ziplock bag, cut the bottom corner, and draw your football stitching.
Your guests will be much impressed, i promise. and i mean cahhhmon, theyre cute.
Hennessey and Jameson are house favorites. And i mean, how else am i supposed to entertain myself in between plays. lol.
This is what goes down when our family and friends all have a weekend that agrees with one another since we’re all so busy living and shit. So we make sure we do it big. On a regular sunday when im being bummy and lazy, the game will quietly play in the background for the kids while i paint or play World of Warcraft. (yes, yo girl plays WoW. no need to hate! lol)
Be sure to check out my blog family and how they get ready for game day.
Love Lee Jerry calls her the “Originator”. So thoughtful and sweet. A Down to mars girl with a blog focusing on Beauty, mental health, and lifestyle.
Jerry The Gentleman of the group. A man of god and beautiful writer. His stories and words will captivate you. I promise.
Morgan A girl vs. The world. She even said so herself. This cutie patootie goes over lifestyle, health, fitness, and beauty. You will definitely find some insightful tips with her.
Varsha The Girl with an Accent. In depth beauty reviews and delicious recipes. I say no more. Definitely need to check out.
Jenna “twenty year old grandma” I dig it. Ive enjoyed reading her stories as she navigates through life and college and im sure you will too.
How do you guys prepare for game day? Favorite drinks, snacks, teams?
Until then love bugs, Shanti Shanti!